Some bits commonly stashed in my bag.
Collection of cables, adapters, accessories, dongles, and devices of varying use, depending on what I’m trying to accomplish.
Commonly used devices or things
- Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter - For connecting to wired networks (most frequently, in datacenters)
- Set of 2 Portapow USB charging adapters Apple and Universal - Physically disabled data pins, secure charging for travel
- Ethernet double female connector - In case I need to make a longer cable from 2 short ones
- Ethernet cross-over connector - I made mine from a double female connector, just take it apart and alter the wiring pins.
- Apple mag safe2 power adapter
- 30pin to Bluetooth - Stream music to old iPod accessories
- RS232 Gender Bender - Useful when working with serial devices (routers?)
- Airconsole - Serial console tool, lets you connect over wifi, ethernet, or bluetooth. Includes adapters for Cisco, RS232, and RS232 Null Modem. Powered by USB (also has battery).