This is a list of some iOS Apps I find useful.
- Groundwire: Mobile SIP Client capable of replacing your desktop phone
- IP Scanner: Scans your local area network to determine the identity of machines and internet devices on the LAN
- OpenVPN Connect: Full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server
- 1Password: Password management
- Deliveries: Keep track of items that are in transit. Supports lots of carriers. There are MacOS options too.
- Architecture: VR like interface to the radio signals around you. Fun to play with.
- Get Console/Airconsole: Serial console access. Useful for network devices. They also make a BT/network enabled serial interface this is quite handy (Air Console)
- Decibel X: Measure the intensity of the sounds around
- FlightAware: Track flights, get notifications about
- Gaia GPS: Trip planner. Topo maps.
- Family Tree: Keep track of the branches in the family tree
- MyGearVault: Keep track of your camera equipment, including serial numbers
- myTracks: Track the places you take photos. Can export track files which can be imported by photo software such as Lightroom so your photos have GPS tags.
- PhotoPills: Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder, 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV, Photo Plans Manager, Location Scouting Tool, Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar, Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV
- NetAnalyzer: An advanced tool for network diagnostics, LAN scanning, and problem detection.
- NET-Toolbox: Helps to analyze local or public networks for security issues or wrong configurations
- MeteoEarth: Explore Earth using simple finger commands to zoom in, out, and around a 3D globe, Pause, rewind and move forward in time for 24-hour forecast, Save unlimited favourite locations, Choose and combine multiple layers to display cloud cover, precipitation, wind, pressure, etc., Track hurricanes and typhoons with the storm tracker, Access thousands of live weather webcams covering popular destinations around the world, Switch to climate view and check the weather in a holiday destination at any time of the year
- Pro Altimeter: Pro Altimeter uses the high-fidelity barometric pressure sensor in new iOS devices to measure and compute altitude.
- Pro Compass: displays location and altitude, with decimal, degree-minute-second, UTM, and MGRS position formats. An optional “Datum Pack” adds over 220 geodetic datums covering regions and countries on all continents around the world. The app also contains a built in two-axis inclinometer that drives two independent bubble levels and a bullseye level. The inclinometer has angle readout dials for each axis, making it useful for many different types of measurements including slopes, pitches, sight lines, and geological angles like dip and strike.
- Nav Camera: Blend of Navigation, Augmented Reality, and Photography
- Sleep Cycle: Monitor your sleep. Optional alarm
- SBrick: remote control for your LEGO creations
- RoadCam: Traffic camera viewer that lets users check road conditions in dozens of U.S. states and countries around the world
- Theodolite: Multi-function viewfinder that combines a compass, two-axis inclinometer, rangefinder, GPS, map, nav calculator, and geo-overlay photo/movie camera
- Zones: Simple way to convert time zones between cities around the world
- Wx: Wx displays current conditions, forecasts, alerts, and radar for U.S. locations from the U.S. National Weather Service